Deer Hunting Forums banner

Knight will not sight in

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Tricky 
#1 ·
I picked up a Knight LK93 never shot or loader a Muzzleloader Called Knight they told me to use 100gr of 777 powder and one of their 295 gr black sabots well the first shot at 50yds is dead on the second 6" high third 10" high and the 2nd and 3rd well I ca hardly push the bullet in the barrel I dont think a 4th would go in give me an idea

#2 ·
Hey John B,
Welcome to the site and to knight rifles. Years ago i started out with a knight and the tolerences of the barrels were so tight that the power belt was my choice.
I think from the way it sounds that you need to swab the barrel after each shot with a damp rag or whatever.
when i shot the 777 it left a small ring at the bottom that had to be removed between each shot, i really got tired of pushing the rod against the tree to get the sabot in.
if you are new to muzzleloading what i did was try to get a system of reloading. fire, clean,powder, bullet & primer.
Hope some of this works for you but you will probably get a lot of greatv advice from the guys on this site, they are great.
if you want to talk write back.
Good luck but most important be safe.
daddus1

#3 ·
john B

I just tried to laod a couple of the powerbelt copper ser. and the pyrodex powder the bullet pushes in alot easier and seems to be a better patter on the second shot but I am hoping to find a solution if you puh a rag thru then you have to pull the breechplug to do it dont you sounds stupid but I'm new at this I have been tring to find a breechplug tool I have the nipple tool but cant find the breechplug wrech I may have to make it with knight going out of busness maybe the parts will not be around

#4 ·
I have one of the old Knight LK93 rifles. First of all the Knight bullets never shot good in my gun. The TC shockwave bullets have shot the best of all I have tried. You need to get some Bore Butter for your gun. Shoot then run a patch with bore butter on it down the barrel then a dry rag then shoot again. Repeat this process between shots and it will help. As far as a breech plug tool mine was on the opposite end of the nipple wrench. It should look like a large flat head screwdriver. When swabbing the barrel use the cleaning jag to push the patches down the barrel and back out again.

#5 ·
:thumbup:I have one that is a tack driver. I use Barnes 250 grain hollow points with the black sabot, 100gr pyrodex, CCI magnum 11#. You can take the second shot maybe even the third shot before swabbing the barrel but I tell you what I have had that gun since the early 90's and never needed a follow up shot. That gun is 3/4 moa 3 shot groups all day long @ 100 yards. I have experimented a little with it but always came back to this load----Why mess with perfect. Barnes hollow points are as they say the truth when placed square on the shoulder, Knocks them clean off their feet.

#6 · (Edited)
It might be a good idea once you have things disasembled take a high powered flashlight and shine down the barrel. Take a good look at it and make sure its nice and shiney all the way down. I'm not sure why you need to remove the breach plug each time you run a patch? It should stay on the end of the cleaning attachment holding the wet patch. On the range starting with a clean dry barrel I shoot 1 shot, run a bronze brush through twice and shoot 1 shot. repeat this process out to 5-6 shots then I will run a wet patch, TC product, then two dry patches and start all over till the gun is sighted in. Also, there are several new powders that I believe surpass pyrodex in performance.

#7 ·
I shoot 2 shots. Then i run a wet patch down the barrel, then 2 dry patches. I have a Knight .54 cal. I haven't had too much trouble loading this way. Try different sabots also. Some people love powerbelts, but I couldn't get a good group. I use T/C shockwaves in 300 grain, with 90 grains of American Pioneer Powder. I also shoot Maxi-Hunter conicals with good results. American Pioneer is cleaner than Pyrodex in my mind. I use #11 caps and it fires every time. Hope this helps, and I hope you love your muzzleloading as much as
I do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.