Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - First Hunts with my kids
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 09:16 PM
ronn

thanks. I wasn't preaching just putting out food for thought. I've shot little deer, button bucks, nice bucks, and does. only one was a "i didn't mean to take that deer".

Believe me I know how hard it is to take any deer in nh not to mention a big ole buck. even with the "preaching" i'm a "if you are happy with the deer you shot, and you must be you shot it, i'm happy for you". The first legal deer would be down for me if I hadn't taken a couple in pa. I know not everyone can go to where there are lots of deer. now, i will pass a doe with the bow and it would have to be a good buck for me to take it with the rifle but only cause i got some in the freezer. if it were empty thats another story. really i'm trying to beat anyone up. if its a legal deer and you are happy, i'm happy. its the bigger picture i guess i see now, after 40 years deer hunting, rather than years ago, and my goals, i'm sure, are different than the next guy's. the four stages isn't something i made up, its a know fact after looking at the goals of long time hunters all over the country. I'm not perfect and things don't always go the way i would like. most times i settle with what i given when it comes to deer hunting, but i strive to do better, be better, learn more, and do whats best. by bringing up shoot the right deer for the right reason i hope that it gets others to thinking about why they shoot what they shoot, regardless of what it is. does that make any sense?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome