Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Surf fishing???
Thread: Surf fishing???
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
joel the signman

sorry i never got back to you.I would use a bait rig .get a sinker slider put it on the line ,put a bead on next to cushion the knot from the slider tie on a barrel swivel,then make up your leader for striped bass and less toothy fish i use 40-60 fluro carbon leader about 36" long.then tie on a 3-4 circle hook.if the crabs are a problem put a float on the leader.between the swivel and the hook.If your fishing for critters with teeth like bluse use ready made wire leader blue fish hooks..sand/blood worms ,salted clams,chunks of baitfish,squis,shrimp all make excellent baits.make a sand spike from some 2-3" pvc pipe.the longer the better but remeber if ya got to carry it dont go crazy 3' should do it.If ya want to plug get some darters,chuggers/poppers,swimmers,and some tins like kastmaster or crocadiles.Go to the local shop ask some questions spend some money,not alot and then go back the next day and tell him how you did,they might be even more helpful cuz ya came back for moregood luck

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome