Wild Italian Venison Lasagna
- 1 Lb. Ground Venison
- 1/2 Large Green Pepper – Chopped Finely
- 1 Med. Onion – Chopped Finely
- 2 Celery stalks – Chopped Finely
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Can 28 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 16 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 1 4 cup bag Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- Lightly oil sauce pan and crumble Venison into pan and sauté with pepper, onion, celery and garlic over medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Boil lasagna noodles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 13×9 inch pan.
- Start with a light layer of sauce (this will keep the lasagna from sticking). Place 3 noodles on top of sauce, then spread 1/3 of the remaining sauce over noodles evenly. Dot 1/2 of the ricotta cheese and sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat for next layer (noodles, sauce, and cheese). Then add the last 3 noodles, spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes (or until cheese is melted and golden). Serve with a tossed salad and fresh loaf of Italian bread.
This recipe contributed by forum member BruceBruce1959. To add a recipe of your own please visit our hunting recipes forum.