Vegetable and Venison Soup
- 2 Lg. Beef or Ham Bones
- 5-1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Lb. Venison, Cut in Chunks
- 2 (16 Oz.) Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Lg. Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- 5 Med. Carrots, Thinly Sliced
- 6-7 Lg. Ribs Celery, Chopped
- 5-6 Med. Potatoes, Cubed
- 1 (20 Oz.) Pkg Frozen Green Beans
- 1 (20 Oz.) Pkg Frozen Corn
- 1 (10 Oz.) Pkg Frozen Lima Beans
- 1/2 Cup Barley
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 1-2 Med. Head Cabbage, Sliced (Optional)
- In large soup pot, place bones, water, venison, tomatoes, salt, pepper and onion.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or until meat begins to fall apart.
- Remove soup bones.
- Add Worchester sauce, carrots, potatoes, celery, green beans, corn, lima beans, barley and sugar.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add chopped cabbage. Cook until tender.
Yields 6 Quarts.
This recipe contributed by forum member deercook. To add a recipe of your own please visit our hunting recipes forum.