- 4 Lbs. Chili Meat (Well-trimmed Chuck, Pork or Venison)
- 1 Lg. Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp. Oregano, Ground
- 1 Tsp. Comino Seed
- 6 Tsp. Chili Powder (or more, if needed)
- 1 1/2 Cup Canned Whole Tomatoes or Fresh Ones
- 2-6 Dashes of Liquid Hot Red Sauce
- 2 Cans Kidney or Chili Beans
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Cup Hot Water
- Place meat, onion, and garlic in heavy frying pan.
- Cook until meat is lightly-colored and onions and garlic are tender.
- Add oregano, Comino seed, chili powder, tomatoes, hot pepper sauce, beans, salt, and hot water.
- Bring to a good rolling boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until meat is tender (about 1 hour, maybe longer depending on size and cuts of meat that you use).
- Skim off the fat during cooking.
This dish can be made one day in advance, as it is better the next day.
This recipe contributed by forum member deercook. To add a recipe of your own please visit our hunting recipes forum.