Baked Quail in Wine
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Whole Cloves
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Cut
- 6 Quail, Cleaned and Trussed
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Minced Chives
- 2 Sm. Onions, Minced
- 2 Tsp. Peppercorns
- 1/2 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cup White Wine
- 1/8 Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Cup Cream or Evaporated Milk
- Melt butter; add onions, garlic, peppercorns, cloves, and bay leaf. Cook for several minutes.
- Add quail; brown on all sides.
- Add wine, salt, pepper and chives; simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove quail to hot serving dish.
- Strain sauce; add milk. Heat to boiling point.
Pour sauce over quail, or serve on the side. Yields 6 servings.
This recipe contributed by forum member deercook. To add a recipe of your own please visit our hunting recipes forum.