Pheasant in a Bag
- 1 or 2 Pheasants
- ½ Lbs. Maple Bacon
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tbs. Butter, Melted
- 5 Baking Potatoes- Cut in Cubes
- 5 Carrots- Cubed
- Fresh Green Beans or Yellow Beans if desired
- 1 Can Turkey Gravy
- 1 Roasting Bag
- Clean the birds and lay the bacon over them, place in the roasting bag.
- Put the birds and bag in a deep roasting pan.
- Mix 2 eggs, butter, and the gravy together.
- Pour gravy mixture over birds.
- Add your potatoes, beans and carrots to the bag.
- Tie the bag closed according to package direction.
- Cook at 350 d. until birds are tender. Cooking time will very depending on the size of the birds. Meat should turn a white color when done.
- Put on a serving dish and enjoy.
This recipe contributed by forum member Chip. To add a recipe of your own please visit our hunting recipes forum.