Paul’s Deep Fried Venison Roast
- Any Cut Venison Roast (With or Without bone)
- McCormick Meat Tenderizer
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Peanut Oil
- Marinade (I use the dark store bought that they sell with the turkey marinades. It says it is for red meats)
- Turkey Fryer
- Turkey Injector
- Use turkey injector and inject the roast with as much marinade as it will hold.
- Liberally powder and rub in McCormick meat tenderizer.
- Pack on as much cracked pepper as you can get to stay on the roast.
- Set roast aside to let warm to room temperature.
- Heat peanut oil in turkey fryer to 375 degrees.
- Slowly lower meat into preheated oil. (I have done as many as four roasts at a time)
Cooking time will vary depending upon size and number of roast. I would check the meat thermometer every 20 minutes. I prefer mine at medium done so at about 160-170 degrees I take one out and cut it. I like it pink in the center. If you don’t over cook, it will be the most tender and moist roast you have ever had. GUARANTEED!!
This recipe contributed by forum member Buckshot. To add a recipe of your own please visit our hunting recipes forum.