Deer Steak Fajitas
- Moore’s or Dale’s Marinade
- 1 ½ tsp.Cracked Pepper Blend
- ½ tsp.Onion Powder
- Venison Steaks
- 2 Bell Pepper
- Sm. Onion
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- Slice your deer steak into thin strips cutting against the grain of the meat. Slice your onion into thin strips and bell pepper into 1/4 in thick slices.
- Put your meat into a large bowl and add the marinade to cover meat. Add about 1 ½ tsp. Pepper blend and ½ tsp. onion powder; more or less depending on your taste preference and quantity of meat. Stir well. Marinate for at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Heat Oil in a large heavy skillet and add meat in a single layer. After meat is cooked through set aside and repeat cooking method until you are finished cooking rest of meat.
- After you are finished cooking the meat set aside. You will have some dripping in the pan, add 2 Tbs. Butter to pan and melt. Add onions and cook till slightly soft; 2-3 min. Add peppers and cook till heated through.
- Return meat to pan and heat thoroughly
- Serve over warm tortillas. Add condiments of your choice. I have mine with salsa and sour cream. My kids eat them with just cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!
This recipe contributed by forum member buckfever. To add a recipe of your own please visit our hunting recipes forum.