Cowboy Snake Cakes
- 1 rattlesnake per person
- Crab boil
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper
- Green onion
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Tarter sauce
- Gut the rattlesnake and peel the skin off. Cook in a crab boil (water + lemon + seed package for crab or shrimp).
- Cool and peel off the strips of meat.
- Chop and combine with egg to bind.
- Add salt, pepper and a bit of green onion.
- Saute in oil until brown on both sides.
- Serve with tartar sauce.
This Recipe is for people who like to live on the wild side. My Grandfather said it made some real good eating back in his earlier camping days. If your willing to try some different meats then this is the recipe for you. Enjoy and let me know how it tastes. Word for the wise: DO NOT try to catch the snakes on your own- be a little dangerous. Buy from someone who sells them… DEAD.
This recipe contributed by forum member deercook. To add a recipe of your own please visit our hunting recipes forum.