Box Fan Jerky
- 1-1/2 to 2 Lbs. Flank Steak
- 2/3 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tsp. Red-Pepper Flakes (2 makes it about right)
- 4 16x20x1 Paper Air Conditioning Filters
- 1 Box Fan
- 2 Bungee Cords
- Freeze meat 4 hours then cut meat along grain.
- Marinate for 3-6 hours.
- Place meat on 3 air filters leaving the forth one to top it off.
- Lay box fan flat and bungee air filters with meat to fan.
- Stand fan up-right and put on medium for 6 hours then rotate and run 4 more hours.
I put ’em on the fan at low before work and had great jerky when I got home. Jerky keeps for three years if you can keep it that long. Do not put in plastic bag because it will re-hydrate meat.
This recipe contributed by forum member Chris Castner. To add a recipe of your own please visit our hunting recipes forum.