Deer Hunting Forums banner

Hello!

6K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  ronn 
#1 ·
Well first off I wanted to say hello to this great community. But my real thing i wanted to ask was my Dad always said he would take me hunting but I think he either forgot or just won't and I was wondering if any fathers could give me any advice in fact any teens. Its not because he doesn't like me using guns since I grew up with em' and shot em' most of my life. So just wanted to say hey and get this answered.:thumbup:

#6 ·
if the laws in your state are the same as in mine, you can not hunt by yourself. so that option is out. if you are meture for you age, than you more than likely have the respect of your dad. i would ask him to sit down with you for a talk. then ask him why it is he does not want to take you? he may have a spacfic consern about you hunting that need to be adressed. then you will know what needs to be fixed, before he will take you. it may just be that he does not want to drag himself out of bed at 4:30am on his day off from work. in that case if you have and unkle that will take you you could sugesst that. or if he has a friend he trust with your safty that he ask that friend to take you.

#8 ·
no prob. i hope all works out well. on more sugestion. if you havent taken hunter safty yet i would sugesst you do. you will learn lots of good info there as well as prove even more responcibility to your dad. happy hunting, and i hope you stick around on this site. lots of good info hear.

#14 ·
Welcome Hunting James, it took me some years to convince my dad to start hunting again with me. He had been a hunter for many years then a family and job seemed to leave not much time for the kids. Finally, he started hunting with me and my brother for many years after. I would do your chores (shows responsibility) keep on him about spending quality time with you, and remind him of how much fun he had hunting and how much it means to you to share it with him. Maybe have him read our posts! Good luck with your dad!

G
#17 ·
welcome james, first is show him that you are a very responsible person with the everyday stuff, this takes a period of time, and ask him point blank to teach you about hunting. hitting around is sometimes misunderstood and coming right out and asking shows signs of being a grownup. as well as how you handle his response either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.