Deer Hunting Forums banner

new guy

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  critter gitter 
#1 ·
Well im new to the site. Im a a 16 year old from P.A. I'v been hunting for a while in M.D P.A. and W.V. this year i got my 20th deer and dont think i shoot every thing that walks by. my biggest buck was a 130in 8 point. This year i got 5. only one was a buck (5 point). did alot of Q.A.M this year on doe.

#2 ·
hello and welcome to the site. I've hunted PA for 34 seasons in the Duboise/Clearfield area. We don't see many quality bucks but see lots of small bucks. The doe reduction by the state has reduced the herd dramatically so we see fewer deer and during the rut see more bucks than does.

#3 ·
Hunting Man-Im located bettween Hershey and lancaster. I know what you mean when you see more bucks than does. our trail cams are showing more buck than doe. P.A. is hard place to kill a big buck. My dad got a 9 point on the 1st day of archery this year and my uncle got a nice 10. I hunted hard with my bow this year and passing up smaller bucks early then shot this 5 point before the rifle season.

Attachments

#4 ·
Thats a nice PA legal buck and looks like it was either raining or he went through a creek at some point. I've shot many of those size bucks simply because our area didn't produce anything better. Now with herd reduction and some small food plots going in we are seeing some much better bucks. Throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's PA simply had too many deer which didn't provide enough brouse thus poor quality bucks. This was especially true in the central/north where I hunt. Things are getting better with less deer.

#8 ·
welcome to the site sounds like your a regular Davy Crockett :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.