looking for a ground venison recipe for tonite please any suggestion would be great! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Wild Game Recipes
Wild Game Recipes Share your home-made wildlife recipes!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Scrub Buck

Exclamation looking for a ground venison recipe for tonite please any suggestion would be great!

hello i just got fresh ground venison and im looking for a new recipe to try tonite. i dnt normally have my meat processed soo im just looking for some good ideas soo anything would be greatly appreciated ive tried searching online but havnt really found wut i wanna cook
thanks jr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 09:14 PM
B&C 140 Class

hamburgers with mushrooms,onions,and cheese pre added in with the ground up meat for paddies.

meatloaf

add with any hamburger helper meal

add a one lbs sausage,elbow noodles, tomatos, can of dark kidney beans, oinion, chilli powder,and V-8 juice with it and make a pot of chilli
Old 01-25-2011, 11:02 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_fly View Post
hamburgers with mushrooms,onions,and cheese pre added in with the ground up meat for paddies.

meatloaf

add with any hamburger helper meal

add a one lbs sausage,elbow noodles, tomatos, can of dark kidney beans, oinion, chilli powder,and V-8 juice with it and make a pot of chilli
all these will work... what my wife usually does is mix 1/2 pound of vension with 1/2 pound of hamburger then freeze it. all in all you're only buying half the hamburger that you used to. Which can save alot of coin. I've also heard of people using bacon chopped up (get some with alot of fat!) and use it w/your vension for burgers or anything else... Good luck
Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
B&C 120 Class

Striaght up venison burgers on the grill

We like the tatse of venison too much to spoil it with ground beef. I make burgers with 100% venison. The trick to keep them togther from start to finish is to make form then on a triple thick piece of foil. I usually make four at a time. Transfer the foil with the burgers on to the grill (already warmed up). Cook halfway and very carefully flip and cook to your desired doneness. Theres barely any fat to hold these togther which is why I use the foil. If they fall apart you dont lose it. Also, cooking halfway before flipping helps them hold togther much better.

Dress up the burgers with some onions/peppers/mushrooms sauted in real butter.

Dont overcook them as they are naturally drier (no grease = healthier) than beef.

Enjoy!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:14 AM

This is by far my favorite recipe for ground venison. Just ate a plate of left overs 5 mins ago for breakfast.

http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/recip...nison-lasagna/

You can view all the recipes we have listed on DHC if you click on the tab titled "Recipes" in the naviagation bar at the top of this page. (didnt know if you knew about it)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 PM

slightly off subject, but i ground all my burger this time without adding any beef suite or whatever you call the hard rib fat and the burgers are falling apart when cooking. I took the easy way out and didn't work. Need that fat to glue things together. I cook all deer burger just like good beef.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Scrub Buck

Thumbs up

thanx for help guys i got another buck the other evening i think im gonna grind my meat n add bacon end n piecs to make sum bacon burgers