Tenderlion - Deer Hunting Forums
Wild Game Recipes Share your home-made wildlife recipes!!!

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
B&C 140 Class

Tenderlion

Does anybody have any good recipes for venison tenderloins?
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
B&C 180 Class

this is the finest cut of meat i like mine broiled till medium rare with just a salt and pepper rub the cut is so tender and juicy i think adding anything to it robs it of the true flavor

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 09:14 PM
B&C 100 Class

i agree tenderloin is good with just a little salt and pepper.

DONT HURT EM.... HOYT EM!!!

work to live
live to hunt...
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Scrub Buck

Wrap it in bacon and put toothpicks in to hold it and grill it medium rare on the grill. Awesome meal!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 07:39 AM
B&C 140 Class

I LIKE MINE MED RARE WITH SALT PEPER AND ONIONS. I JUST MIGHT HAVE THAT FOR LUNCH

GRAB LIFE BY THE HORNS
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 06:09 PM

I tend to marinade just to change flavor time to time. Bacon wrap always good. Olive oil/course black pepper/garlic/rosemary/ and yes time, will give you a very nice tasting meat on the grille or in the oven. Moderation in all spices generally will yield best results.
For the backstrap: I like to 1/4" cut dip in egg/milk roll in cracker crumbs and bake on cookie sheet at 400* flipping once till meduim rare. This is great.
However, the very best part of the deer: neck roast in slow cooker for 10-12 hours! It just don't get any better than that.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 09:46 PM

One more: I use my pressure cooker a lot. 60 minutes with the meat (large roasts) and liquid. Then de-pressurize, add the veggies, and just bring the cooker to first rattle (steam release) and shut down & enjoy. For the liquid, I use soy, teriyaki marinade, worchester sauce, garlic, onion, water, course black pepper.The meat will fall apart, the veggies will be done. I do this at work for lunch. I have a big pressure cooker that takes 3-4 lg roasts and a lot of veggies, small cookers amy take less time.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 01:02 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel the signman View Post
this is the finest cut of meat i like mine broiled till medium rare with just a salt and pepper rub the cut is so tender and juicy i think adding anything to it robs it of the true flavor

Amen brother!!!!!!!!!!

freedom can not be measured in safety.freedom is the ability of a citizen to live their life without government interference.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 06:16 AM

Varity is the spice of life in more ways than one, to each his own on what flavor is!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Varity is the spice of life in more ways than one, to each his own on what flavor is!
I think im with you on that huntingman. we may rob it of its original flavor but a nicely marinated slab of meat sure taste well!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode