Deer Hunting Forums banner

favorite duck to hunt

9K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
i was wondering what is everyones favorite ducks to hunt and where?.
i like to hunt teil.and wood ducks for a small challenge in swamps bc i love the rush when u see them coming in and they set there wings or if there flying by bc they spotted u its a rush just being there all day. mallard hunting in feilds is ok but can sometimes loose its rush especially if they settled too early. But goose is also fun to hunt if u can take one down bc ive hunted for many years and i still have not gotten one they are like armor.Duck hunting is funner:yes:

#2 ·
ive never got to go duck hunting in tenn. the season is during deer season and im always to involved in chasing the elusive whitetail. i am sure it would be awesome to go. all my duck hunting friends keep telling me to never go duck hunting if i like deer hunting because i would never go back to deer hunting.

#11 ·
ive never got to go duck hunting in tenn. the season is during deer season and im always to involved in chasing the elusive whitetail. i am sure it would be awesome to go. all my duck hunting friends keep telling me to never go duck hunting if i like deer hunting because i would never go back to deer hunting.

What your friends say is true! I used to think there was nothing better than sitting in a tree stand. Now, I only deer hunt when I can't go duck hunting. It is very addictive.

#5 · (Edited)
im getting ready for early goose season in september blowing my calls is driving the wife nuts:crazy:Watching videos too.didnt get out last year cuz of problems looking to smoke a bunch of quackers this year:shocking:I like mallards

#6 ·
Live in Ohio right under Lake Erie and duck hunting is probably the best hunting I've ever experienced...Favorite duck is mallard ofcourse. Like most hunting it involves time, effort and the right gear. But once you get the hang of how to call and the right spread its all a matter of if the ducks are flying...A good wind and overcast is ideal, Ive come to find out the crappier the weather the better...I hunt mostly marsh land(find it a little more of a challenge and better atmosphere than field hunting) but thats my preference...not to say one is better than the other. Guess it just depends on how much work you want to put in. Never have I felt so much worth as when I do when getting up at 3:30AM, preparing everything, strapping on 3 dozen decoys and heading out into the bitter cold to end up heading home with a limit. Definitely recommend giving it a try. Been hooked since I started. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.