How do you clean a partridge? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Water Fowl

Old 11-04-2008, 06:03 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default How do you clean a partridge?

I got 6 partridge yesterday, I was starting to get a little grosed out by cleaning 6 birds. The way that i clean a partridge is to spread the wings out on the ground and step on them and pull the legs. After that I cut the legs off and cut away the breast meat. That is not as gross as gutting a deer but you normaly don't gut 6 deer in a row!! Is there anybody that cleans a partridge a diferent way that works for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008, 07:46 PM
B&C 180 Class

i cut off the wings at the joint same goes for feet and then the neck with poultry shears . i cut open at the bottom and pull out the guts and rinse with water.then pluck you can skin it by making a slit then pulling.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 11-15-2008, 06:19 PM

I'm pretty much like joel, but after cutting off the legs,wings,neck I then skin it and remove the guts and wash out the inside cavity.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:04 PM
ronn

Unhappy By :This is amazing

By :This is amazing can arfofd 1000s of dollars worth of titanium ring but cannot arfofd a 200K house!consumerism at its bestRE: I bought titanium because it is relatively inexpensive, light, and indestructible.But you wouldn't know that. You just think all metals with names towards the bottom of the periodic table are equally valuable. It doesn't quite work that way.These were handmade in British Columbia out of aircraft grade Ti, inscribed, covered with a black industrial diamond coating and annealed. $275 each. They are stunning. They look like they were carved out of obsidian. Perhaps you were thinking of platinum. Due to it's scarcity it commands a decent price per ounce. Hey, give your honey the same metal that's in her car's catalytic converter! Classy.Idiot. Rate this comment: 0 0

Last edited by Rayssa; 04-18-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: K1AOlqS3
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:11 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default g

i step on the wings and pull just untell it splits apart then i grab were the neck used to be so the top of the breast there should be a little spot for your finger put you finger there and pull and everything should come off including the skin
Old 09-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

You got 6??? your only allowed 5 per day...nice
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote