Deer Hunting Forums banner

calling racoons

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  delbert 
#1 ·
We are over run at deer lease with racoons eating corn at our deer feeders. Is there any cassette calls that will call racoons up during the day?

#2 ·
Not that I know of... I've never heard of a **** call. But I could be wrong.

Here's what I do. At each of my feeding locations I put out a varmit trap cage. They are around $25-$30 but they last forever. Go buy some marshmellows, the big kind, and put about 4 in each cage. You will have a **** in there every morning. That's how I weed them out, or "control" them if you will. Typically, the first night I'll have the largest **** in the pack in that cage come morning time. ALSO- if you eat cantelope in the summer, put the rinds in the cage, they love them just as much. I typically check mine around 10 or 11am when the deer have already bedded down for the day. Doesn't stop deer activity either. Now I drive right up to mine in my truck and shoot the **** with a .22 and throw it in the back of the truck and put more bait in the cage.
Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.