Coyote hunting? - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Varmint Hunting

Old 11-07-2007, 12:59 PM

If they're in the vicinity and you're on stand maybe 1hr before daylight you could hear them yipping and howling. I don't know if they're regrouping from the nights hunt or what but they're loud. Also, right around sunset or after it they will yip and howl too. If there's a fire company close by and the siren blasts listen closely because that normally sets them off. The only time I've ever found dens were near creek/stream beds in the banks (slight incline). Be careful if you do find a den because these suckers have a nose just as good or even BETTER than a whitetail and they will relocate quickly and never use that area again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 PM
B&C 120 Class

um I live in Texas so im not sure how it would work where you live for some wierd habitat reason or somthing or not but If you are gonna go hunt coyote's and your using a rabbit call its kinda weird but it works and sorry if it in any way offends anyone but if you go to a pet store and get a rabbit and tie a rope around one of its back legs and tie the other end to a stake and put it in the ground near where you are hunting and usually they will come for some reason the smell and maby i guess the fact that they can see it makes them want to come in and once again very sorry if that offend any one of you and if you want to hunt bobcat just go to your local hunting or outdoor store and see if they have any bobcat urine and if your hunting out of the bed of a parked truck put it on your tires and if your hunting some where else put it where ever is most convenient to you or where ever you think would be best, and it makes them more likley to come in to you because if one is near it will smell the urine and know that it isnt their own so they will come in to chek it out, Im not 100% garanteeing that those will work but ive just heard the rabbit thing works and I know ive said it twice but ill say it again sorry if it ofends anyone, and ive tried the bobcat urine and we shot one but sadly it ran off due to a bad gut shot and we never found it but thats some ideas I hope they help you
Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Scrub Buck

check out barkatthemooncoyteclub.com
Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 PM
B&C 120 Class

I heard a mouse squeak call may work if the rabbit does not.