Darn Squirrels!!!! - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Varmint Hunting

Old 11-06-2008, 04:38 PM
B&C 140 Class

I don't care what anyone says, they are year around entertainment for me. I'm getting really good with that pellet rifle. Great way to spend an afternoon. Sometimes you can't make it to your stand but I can make it to my porch. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 PM
B&C 100 Class

lol thats funny
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterBrad View Post
Those squirrels are everwhere, in my house in the back yard killing golden finchesright off the bird feeder! "Aruggh". The pesky little animals have made me so mad that i want to shoot them. But what to shoot them with? I have a Cooey model 75 .22 caliber, 20 Ga. and a 444 Marlin. Which shood i use?
I think i should use my 30-06 on him that would not look good!!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:49 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingGal&HuntingKid View Post
I dont know which is worse squirrels or those pesky little moles, man you ought to see my yard, all the dumb mole hills uuuug
Old 11-15-2008, 01:08 PM
B&C 100 Class

haha my dad yells at me when we go hunting... i always have a few spare arrows with me and i use squirells for bow pratice its funny because he sits in his blind and im in mine and next thing u know u hear my bow twang a lil bit and an arrow smacking a tree and a squirell pinned to it... next thing u know my dad comes over the radio and usually says "how many is that today?" or "stop killing the little rats your making 2 much noise"
Old 11-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexj View Post
My weapon of choice for squirrels is a bow and arrow. I take two "squirrel arrows" to the stand with me every time I go out.
So at least I'm not the only one who designates an arrow or two for varmints. lol I didn't get a deer this year in bow season but I did shoot two squirrel's and a raccoon, muzzy's really do a number on them. It's fun, it's awesome practice, and it helps eliminate the 20 billion noisy squirrels around my tree stand.

But when the time comes for small game season and I want to specifically hunt for squirrels, I like a .22 or one of my other rim fires it adds a little challenge and excitement to the hunt where as the point and shoot shotgun gets a little boring. Besides if you ever eat them (not that you are in this situation) theres nothing like chomping on a pellet or two. lol
Old 11-13-2010, 02:11 PM
B&C 100 Class

I thought you might want to know black squirrels are the same as gray squirrels just a differnt color because when the first trappers and stuff came thru it was almost a jungle so it was really dark and the squirrels had to be dark to in order to hide better, but since we chopped all that out they had to a adapted lighter color in order to blend in better(Also i think its the same with black panthers).
Old 11-18-2010, 11:36 AM
B&C 180 Class

I'd suggest the .22 as well. wait for them to start eating an accorn and POW gone!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:39 PM

NO you are not alone I do the same thing I have two arrows w/ thunder tips & I keep 2 cheap broadheads for the coyotes or other bigger "small game"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerhunter View Post
So at least I'm not the only one who designates an arrow or two for varmints. lol I didn't get a deer this year in bow season but I did shoot two squirrel's and a raccoon, muzzy's really do a number on them. It's fun, it's awesome practice, and it helps eliminate the 20 billion noisy squirrels around my tree stand.

But when the time comes for small game season and I want to specifically hunt for squirrels, I like a .22 or one of my other rim fires it adds a little challenge and excitement to the hunt where as the point and shoot shotgun gets a little boring. Besides if you ever eat them (not that you are in this situation) theres nothing like chomping on a pellet or two. lol
Old 12-10-2010, 06:42 PM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
I'd suggest the .22 as well. wait for them to start eating an accorn and POW gone!
That's exactly what I do tator but
they rarely get to the acorns.