turkey hunting - Page 5 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Turkey Hunting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default turkey hunting

well went out turkey hunting this morning and wasn't long after I found a good tree to sit next to that I called in 3 toms. They came from in front of me so they were in full view the entire time. They came up and decided to venture to my left away from me, I had them at about 60 yds, but just didn't want to take that shot for obvious reasons.
After I passed them up, my neighbor behind me started doing some AWESOME hen calling (THanks NEIGHBOR!) and the toms stuck around a while longer, but were now about 150 yds away. I snuck out and around the toms and decided to circle the field they were in and come up a draw on the other side of them. By that time it started down pouring on me and I got absolutely soaked. It was COLD rain too. Anyways, toms shut up and didn't make a peep after the rain picked up. After seeing an AWESOME lightening show I decided to call it a day. Still raining at this very minute, and just now starting to feel my hands again! hahaha
Haven't been turkey hunting very long, but it's definately exciting. Don't think I'm as "IN LOVE" with it as DEER though...