Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Turkey Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/turkey-hunting/)
-   -   what's your fav. Call? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/turkey-hunting/7607-whats-your-fav-call.html)

gfdeputy2 04-19-2011 04:35 PM

what's your fav. Call?

Type make ect....
I love primos calls most all my calls are primos but my Fav. call is my slate the freak from Primos it has not let me down since I have owned it have used it on all but one bird I have harvested It is the one call I will not leave the house without

timberghost 04-19-2011 04:58 PM

I use whatever is made available to me. I mean if I lose one and need another the wife goes and buys any kind and I will use it. Once she got me a no name from the local home and auto store and it worked well. I even had the freak once myself but lost it or broke it or something. That was the one that strapped to your leg right?

on_the_fly 04-19-2011 08:11 PM

My gobbler call !! You haven't turkey hunted till you cut off a Tom goblin with your goblin call. Ps's him off enough to come running ready to fight !! I like to hit a few yelps on my little Duse and cut of that gobble with my gobble.

scentman 04-19-2011 08:19 PM

I grew up in WNY and my calls are Quaker Boy Turkey calls, Old Boss Hen mouth call has been a staple for me in the turkey woods:wink:.

WisconsinDeer 04-19-2011 08:50 PM

I love my Lynchs Fool Proof Turkey box call, it works perfect every time. If a turkey is too close to use the box call I just use my mouth, without a mouth call of course.

gfdeputy2 04-20-2011 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timberghost (Post 55444)
I use whatever is made available to me. I mean if I lose one and need another the wife goes and buys any kind and I will use it. Once she got me a no name from the local home and auto store and it worked well. I even had the freak once myself but lost it or broke it or something. That was the one that strapped to your leg right?

Yes it is I hated the strap but I love the sounds it produces
I too use a gobbler, mouth & box calls but seems the slate never fails to draw that bird in for me

TG I have noticed too sometimes it really doesn't matter what call you use
2 years ago I was scouting & the exhaust heat sheild had a rattle every time I gave the truck some throttle I got Gobbles NO KIDDING I had a tom running down the road behind me tobad I couldn't carry the truck through the woods It would really have been my fav. call

tator 04-20-2011 09:03 AM

I'm with TG, I use a variety and they all seem to do a good job. Hens and gobblers all sound a little different so it doesn't hurt that your calls sound a little different too.

gfdeputy2 04-20-2011 09:54 AM

oh I totally agree I am just saying that I am very comfortable w/ my slate
& has produced the best luck for me

timetohunt 04-20-2011 10:15 AM

My favorite type is the box call. Seems to give me the best sounds. I have a hard time keeping the slate in good condition in the fields since its always so wet in the morning, I always have a box, slate, and a few mouth calls in my turkey vest. I haven't tried a Gobble call buts its on my Turkey Hunting Wish List.