Deer Hunting Forums banner

The Boys are ready

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  deerless 
#1 ·
The girls not so much
saw a flock of Turkey's today The toms were strut'n hard watched them for a good 20 min. a couple Toms didn't stop the whole time I watched them but the hens were not interested at all was really cool to start seeing again & good thing is I get out 2 weeks early this year to take my daughter out for her first time

#3 ·
Have not seen the flock I usually see in the spring, my thought is the coyotes that have been heard lately caused them to move... Good Luck with the young hunters, my daughter will be headed to the deer stand for the first taste of hunting this fall seeing as she passed her hunter ed class

#5 ·
She is very excited this will be her fist turkey hunt but has deer hunted for the past 2 years. hopefully picking up both our new shotguns by Friday
I have more fun on youth weekends then I do the rest of the year
I think I am more excited about this hunt then she has a better chance of seeing a turkey then a deer in NH

#7 ·
Yep I also will be spending this spring trying to put my boy on his first gobbler, he does have a pair of fall hens under his belt. I'm still working on his fear of coyotes. Although he's never seen one alive he for some reason feels if he goes in the woods in the dark, his gonna get attacked by every yote in Breckenridge co. Just crazy

#9 ·
Cannot say I blame the kid! We have quite a problem with them in my state also. One morning I was getting dressed outside the truck getting ready to head into the woods in the dark only to have a group start howling and celebrating there kill! Needless to say I waited until it was light that morning and yes it was in my truck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.