Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Turkey Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/turkey-hunting/)
-   -   The Boys are ready (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/turkey-hunting/7523-boys-ready.html)

gfdeputy2 04-03-2011 06:09 PM

The Boys are ready
 
The girls not so much
saw a flock of Turkey's today The toms were strut'n hard watched them for a good 20 min. a couple Toms didn't stop the whole time I watched them but the hens were not interested at all was really cool to start seeing again & good thing is I get out 2 weeks early this year to take my daughter out for her first time

tator 04-04-2011 08:20 AM

reminds me of the tune.. the boys are back in town....

deerless 04-04-2011 10:30 AM

Have not seen the flock I usually see in the spring, my thought is the coyotes that have been heard lately caused them to move... Good Luck with the young hunters, my daughter will be headed to the deer stand for the first taste of hunting this fall seeing as she passed her hunter ed class

tator 04-04-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deerless (Post 54765)
my daughter will be headed to the deer stand for the first taste of hunting this fall seeing as she passed her hunter ed class


That has to be exciting for dad! I know it'll be when my kids get to that age!

gfdeputy2 04-05-2011 11:31 AM

She is very excited this will be her fist turkey hunt but has deer hunted for the past 2 years. hopefully picking up both our new shotguns by Friday
I have more fun on youth weekends then I do the rest of the year
I think I am more excited about this hunt then she has a better chance of seeing a turkey then a deer in NH

tator 04-05-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 (Post 54807)
I have more fun on youth weekends then I do the rest of the year


That's the joys of fatherhood and hunter at the same time!:thumbup:

on_the_fly 04-05-2011 01:02 PM

Yep I also will be spending this spring trying to put my boy on his first gobbler, he does have a pair of fall hens under his belt. I'm still working on his fear of coyotes. Although he's never seen one alive he for some reason feels if he goes in the woods in the dark, his gonna get attacked by every yote in Breckenridge co. Just crazy

deerless 04-05-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tator (Post 54766)
That has to be exciting for dad! I know it'll be when my kids get to that age!

Sure is of the two daughters I have (both completed hunter ed) only one has an interest in heading out to the field. And don't worry they grow so fast it will be here before you know it.

deerless 04-05-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_the_fly (Post 54812)
Yep I also will be spending this spring trying to put my boy on his first gobbler, he does have a pair of fall hens under his belt. I'm still working on his fear of coyotes. Although he's never seen one alive he for some reason feels if he goes in the woods in the dark, his gonna get attacked by every yote in Breckenridge co. Just crazy

Cannot say I blame the kid! We have quite a problem with them in my state also. One morning I was getting dressed outside the truck getting ready to head into the woods in the dark only to have a group start howling and celebrating there kill! Needless to say I waited until it was light that morning and yes it was in my truck!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.



LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC8