Deer Hunting Forums banner

Is tackling a legal method of take?

8K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  delbert 
#1 · (Edited)
we live in a residental area and none of our neighbors but one care if we shoot as long as it's in our back yard and not towards the front yard.(no houses behind mine.) and turkeys keep coming in my front yard. Is it legal to run up and tackle one and break its neck...Lol... I know what the outcomes are to, Getting spurred, slapped with wings, pecked, tukey flying before i catch it, etc. oh and its turkey season.

#2 ·
this may be a dumb question, but have you consitered using a bow? if this one nabor is not your next door nabor he would probaly not know. pluss i dont know about it in your state but you can hust as close to a house as you want as long as you have written permition form the owner/ocupant of the house. so if the rules in your state are the same as mine, and this one nabor is more than 100 yards from your house you could get the written permition from the nabors who are ok with it. you could shoot em in your back yard with a bow without this one nabor knowing, (to save the relationship) and if he dose find out than you got the law backing you.

do not mistake this as advice of breaking the law if you can get away with it. just an idea if its all leagel.

#3 ·
I may just invest in a .22 caliber pellet gun.:wink: put a good scope on it and shoot them in the head. The bow would probably work to. I already have written permission with one next door neighbor. But I'm not sure about the one hundred yards thing because the neighbor that doesn't want me doing it is across the street. And I'm only gonna do it if its lawful.

#11 ·
I agree with buckfever... a video would be highly educational... I suggest wearing thick gloves and maybe a few layers of clothing... oh yeah, and something to cover your eyes and face! :0) Good luck!
If perhaps you get a wild hair to try the tackling method please have someone video this whole episode. I would enjoy watching the turkey put a thrashing on ya. Just joking!

Isnt that type pellet gun loud? Basically like a 22 rifle?
If I do decide to tackle one I'll definatley have them video it so I can post it up on here.lol ;)

#10 · (Edited)
The neighbor did not care before then she started arguments with the rest of the neighborhood around her house and I'm not getting anymore into it than that. So the waving like normal neighbors is out of question.

#16 ·
Well...

... Tried it before turkey season ended, but, as soon as I stood they flew so I did not get one. I'm glad I didn't catch the tom because he was BIG.

#20 · (Edited)
i think before you do it , you need to buy an action cam, like in sporting events you can mount to a helmet and you tube it :lol:

well ya could always take an old bed mattress and burn off all the fiber down to the wire spring frame, set in yard add corn to middle and when the turkey walk in an eat he wont back out so go pick him up.
I've never tried that myself but thats a story from an old man that said hunting was for people whom had to much time to spend not working lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.