Deer Hunting Forums banner

Opening day in NH

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
Well Turkey season was over for me at 5:50 this morning
Most exciting hunt I have ever had
almost Scored a Triple although we did get 3 birds My Brother In-law, My best Friend & I were done in less then an hour Shot mine at 5:39 My Newbies (First Bird for both, First season for my best friend & second for my In-Law) they shot their's at 5:50 & 5:50 & 30 sec.
I was worn out doing all the calling switching from the slate to the box to the Diaphragm but the Turkey's kept coming none were anything to write home about but the excitement of this hunt & the joy in their eyes were This is why I hunt not the Kill but the joy of friendship, bonding & to see the excitement of a new hunter that didn't know what to expect.
We do not have a ton of birds in my area so this was extra special & now they think I am the world's best caller. I told them if they want a Turkey next year they are going to have to Pay a guide fee anyone know how much a guide makes :rolleyes:
Just thought I would share a quick version of the hunt & My most memorable hunt to date

#4 ·
congrats its nice when they respond so quick like that

#5 ·
Yeah they responded quick but at the time it seemed like hours between
My turkey & theirs but it was only 20 mins or so

#9 ·
Thanks all
It was an awesome hunt I think I am going to have to start bringing the video camera Just hit me this AM that I now have to wait till Sept. to hunt again Looks like Paintball season will start a little early
BuckFever I will keep that in mind & I thought I was being greedy when I was thinking a couple hundred Thousand Wow guess I was way off I will let them know what kind of Family/friend discount they are getting

#10 ·
can you call in birds for others,in NY you can do that even after your tags are filled just cant carry a weapon

#11 ·
Joel that was what I did a couple weeks ago for the NY youth weekend and I didn't have a NY hunting tag. I was pretty worried about it but my friend said I didn't need any license as long as I wasn't carrying a firearm. It was strange being off of the little reservation. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.