Deer Hunting Forums banner

New Tom Decoy

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  timberghost 
#1 ·
I just bought the Field & Stream Strutting Tom and Sitting Hen decoy and was wondering what type of set up works better. A tom alone or with the hen. Morning, midday, or evening? Has anyone tried one of these decoy's. I was going to buy the Primos B-Mobile but after comparing the two; I thought the Field & Stream decoy's tail fan looked more sturdy than the B-Mobile. Also, the beard was more life-like and the wing feathers seemed to be more drawn down than the B-Mobile. The Field & Stream was $10 cheaper also. The only negative I saw with the Field & Stream was that the toms head was awfully more white than the B-Mobile and the mesh bag was bright orange. I am going to die it brown this weekend. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

#3 ·
I just seen a show earlier that used a B mobile decoy with great success but it was a TV hunting show. You know how those are. I've never used anything more than a hen decoy from Sceery (I think). It has worked well for me in the woods and fields. I've also heard alot about the Pretty Boy tom decoy but never used it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.