Deer Hunting Forums banner

NYS youth weekend

12K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  timberghost 
#1 ·
This is my buddy and his son who both have never harvested a turkey but have been hunting them for the last couple years. I went along and assisted them and came out with a Jake today. They were so impressed with this Jake and 2 others just gobbling away and strutting like crazy. They've never seen a show like that and now are hooked more than ever. I was happy to see that and to be there to help out too.

See less See more
#3 ·
nice work the season opens for us grownups friday

#6 ·
Well HM living on a small Indian reserve here we're left by the Feds with pretty much no gaming laws so I've been messing with these birds since Feb. Although I haven't taken anything I just love being out there and getting them going. It is the best learning experience for me and it certainly helped with my friends on the state land.

#8 ·
good job all around the boy looks real happy.so when can i come up?:lol:

#12 ·
started a new season and went out on a youth hunt here and were able to get my friends son a bird and came out successful. It was windy and cold this a.m. so we took ole pretty boy decoy out and set him up with a hen decoy in a field below a high ridge across the creek overlooking the fields and this guy flew down and rushed the decoy and it was all over. Very fast hunt.

#17 ·
A few years back I was able to assist in helping my brother get his first turkey. The little jake had a two inch beard that barely sruck out of the breast feathers. We watched that bird for 10-15 minutes before seeing the beard. To him that was just as much a trophy as the biggest Tom in the woods.

Congrats on the Birds!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.