Deer Hunting Forums banner

small land turkey

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  KTL 
#1 ·
how do i atrack toms with tons of hens but buisy farm land:mellow:

#3 ·
you can also try a jake decoy in the hen mounted position:whistling:this tends to PO the boss gobbler

G
#4 ·
I hardly ever use a decoy any more. Seems that about half the time when that mature tom sees the decoy he splits quick fast and in a hurry. the other half they lock up out ther at 60 yards. I'd say I have had a decoy work 1 time in ten. I have better results with out one. But hey don't be afraid to try it all you never know.

#5 ·
just throwing it out there.we could tell him to practice his calling:wink::biggrin:

#7 ·
yup i was thinking he could also try the fall trick off busting up the flock but thats more of a last ditch effort for me.come on spring season:ibtl::ibtl::ibtl::ibtl:

#8 ·
Ever hunt with a buddy? Try this, set up like Ronn said about 30 or so yards off a field. When a tom shows up to your calls but won't come in for the kill, sit tight and have a friend sneak back in the woods 50 yards or so from u and start calling again. This tells the tom the hen is moving on and if he wants to get some he better come looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.