Deer Hunting Forums banner

Tough year

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  hoodlum38261 
#1 ·
My buddies and I had a hard time of it this year trying to bag our birds. I had my annual turkey camp around the end of April and had several guys show up. The weather this year was actually really good for a change, which makes it even more aggrivating when the birds won't cooperate. We gave it a good try, but only came out with a 50% success rate. While that is better than nothing, it is the first year ever that I haven't been able to get everyone a bird. I don't know what was going on, but the toms would not come to the call whatsoever. We called in more Jakes than we cared to look at, but the toms mostly just refused to comply. Also noticed an overall reduced number of birds this year...I think maybe it's time to start managing a property for spring turkey hunting. Maybe some kind of food plot or something...IDK, never planted anything for turkey. Y'all have any ideas?

Oh, Here's my bird...

See less See more
#7 ·
yeah i dont know how i missed this Nice tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.