Deer Hunting Forums banner

Turkey season

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
Well opening weekend a bust looking to only get better I think they are late this year fields are just starting to green up & trees starting to bud been a few years since the woods haven't been greened up before opening day

#3 ·
Bruce I just hope it can't get worse but looking back the last few years I have got my last 3 birds on the last two weekends of the season

#5 ·
My season ended Sunday not a bragging bird by any means but got Turkey breasts ready for cooking was probably the worst season ever but of course they were Hot on Monday my daughter missed a very nice bird so her luck continues going to try & get her out before school a couple days this week Season ends Sat. hoping to get her first bird under her belt

#10 ·
LOL I love Turkey hunting mostly because of the vocalization if they were the size of deer it would be my favorite animal to hunt

#12 ·
Well ended up being my 1st year skunked in about 8 years
I did manage to call in a nice Tom for my brother-in law it was his 1st bird in about 6 years & first Tom so was not a terrible season

#15 ·
Well dry springs are better then wet ones. Wet springs are less productive than dry springs. Young poults have difficulty regulating their body temperature in cold rainy weather and wet hens cannot brood (settle down and share their body warmth) their young as well when they are soaking wet.
this is also the case during incubation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.