Deer Hunting Forums banner

confused???????

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
I had the 4th turkey season here in WI and I dont know what to say about it. The first time i was able to get out was the Friday night and I see a huge tom strutting on the neighbors front lawn with 6 hens and we had no luck with him. Next morning i didnt see or hear a single bird. I wasnt able to get out till Sunday night again and again I was skunked. Me and my cousin went to that same exact spot that next morning and right off the bat we get a tom gobbeling in the roost. He keeps it up for a hour then he just stops. The next morning which would be Tuesday the 7 the last day my cousin goes in the same exact spot and that same tom comes running in without a gobble and my cousin blasts him. Turkeys must just hate me. :wallbash::confused::confused:

#3 ·
That is how this year has been going for us here in NH
don't know if it was the weather or what but the worst season I have ever had they are just NOT responding to calls at all
have not even had a Jake come into our setup yet
That's Turkey hunting this may be the the first year since my first year turkey hunting without a bird

#4 ·
Toms normally stay quiet when hens are with them. He is too busy trying to impress them with a feather show. Alot of times the toms are quiet for no reason but need to be sat n waited out. Soft calling very sparingly will go a long way when a tom goes quiet or hung up. Sometimes the "go quiet" method works on a wise stubborn tom.

#5 ·
TG it has just been a strange season here Birds were not moving around till late afternoon till a week ago & were not in the fields
but seems to be picking up a little hoping to score 2 more for family by the 31st

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.