Deer Hunting Forums banner

Spring season

8K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  bigevil1 
#1 ·
well I know Turkey season is still a month & a half away here but with all the Turkeys I am seeing Strutting & Gobblin already, I am Itching bad. I just ordered a new handmade pot call from Wiggins calls here in NH. Pot will be made out of Bloodwood & the friction surface will be copper can't wait to get it & start messing with the Tom's

#8 ·
our youth season is the last weekend in April but I am more excited then my daughter is Just hope we don't have the mishaps we have had last couple years with her just can't seem to get it done for her

#13 ·
Youth weekend is here ! Starts in the morning. We got a few nice birds in the area. Son already has one picked out. He is on the hunt for his first long beard. His biggest is 6" beard, said he's got the patience to hold out for bigger bird now lol........
Nothing says "finger licking better than a plate full of thunder chicken".....good luck to all !

#16 ·
Well youth weekend was a scratch, missed two birds, one sat evening n another sun morning. The second was a nice double beard bird. He had some realy bad excitement and flinching going on. O well, can't say I've never missed a bird,? Now it's how fast he jumps back n gets more practice to work on that flinch

#17 ·
OTF It happens
have had mishap after mishap with my youngest for the last 2 years
she has had tons of fun & told me the other day this year she is not worried about getting a bird just having fun like she had the last 2
she is learning she now realizes what hunting is about
& wouldn't doubt she gets her first bird this year with that kind of thinking
I think she put to much pressure on herself thinking she needed to get a bird

#18 ·
Yeah , he has already got 4 birds, I think with the combination of, over excitment, worry of disappointing me, and my gun being a little much for him.
I think it's time to buy him his own proper sized to him gun, and put him back to the factory iron sights, think he had a little trouble with the scope on my shotgun.

#19 ·
I use Tri Viz sights on all my shotguns now
I got sick of mounting & unmounting the scope between hunting & skeet shooting have had them on for 2 years now & we like them a lot

#20 ·
Well NH Youth weekend starts Tomorrow I am excited & nervous for my daughter want her to get her first bird worse then she does But all I can ask for is us to have a Safe & Fun weekend. The Fun part we will have as we always have fun hunting together as she loves to blame dad when the hunt goes wrong (she is usually right):no::wallbash:
I am pretty successful when it comes to Turkey hunting just not with her LOL
well will keep you posted

#21 ·
Well I've been 4 times this spring and havent heard a single gobble at all. Saw them just about everytime i went deer hunting this past fall/winter. I'm just not into turkey hunting as of yet. I'll probably get "more" into it when I can take my son or when I take my nephews someday. It's frustrating to me. All my buddies talk about is bagging a nice turkey by 6am and I'll sit out there till 10am and not hear or see a thing. oh well.... I'm much better hunting deer anyways! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.