Deer Hunting Forums banner

Does anybody hunt rabbit?

22K views 60 replies 15 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone still took time to hunt rabbit. My garden here seems to be overrun at times. I even had one to nest in my yard. Talk about bold.....:crazy: I have seem some great fun and good hunting here in Franklin County when it comes to rabbit hunting. Great also for young hunters to learn safety and accuracy. Any thoughts? Go to the gallery for a picture of a good rabbit day!

#29 ·
or the crwature from the black lagoon:no:

#35 ·
I used to bowhunt rabbit....the fun of the hunt is stalking them! I am going to get a 12 gauge and i am wondering if it would be a good gun to start off with because i am only 14.....please message me...

#36 ·
a 12 gauge might be a little much to hunt rabbits unless there really big hare i'd use a 20 gauge or practice with a 22 untill u get good and tak that out that way when ur cleaning them u dont have to take out pesky bb's. and u can also take a dog out i have a beagle and take him they do some work and if u train them they do even more just try not to shoot him good luck

#37 ·
:goodposting: the 20 will also work on upland birds ,squirells and other small game.the 12 will work but go with a very light load or else you wont have much to eat :biggrin:

#38 ·
This is true. and we also do have mutant hares around here, as big as dog!! well not really but still pretty big. If i do get the 12 gauge what is the best ammo to get for deer, and what is the best for rabbit?

#39 ·
for rabbit i would use #6 pellets .most companies make it easy the box will say light field load,for those mutant rabbits try #4S For deer use slugs,you need to buy a couple different types and go to the range im going tomorrow to do the same i have 10 different brands,you dont need that many .I just like shooting and this is "research" so its justafied:biggrin:

#41 ·
be ver y quit im hunting wabbits huhhhuhhuhhh:bye:

#42 ·
if anyone wants to bait rabbit get a bag of whole corn and dump it in the desired area and pour honey on it...squirrels and other small game like it too!!

#43 ·
baiting is illegal in NY:crybaby:

#45 ·
huh oh sounds like trouble:mad:

#48 ·
im just starting to see rabbits again

#50 ·
what knid of birds ya hunting i like pheasant and grouse and waterfowl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.