What Is Best - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Small Game

Old 03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
B&C 100 Class

Question What Is Best

Can anyone tell me what would be the best air rifle to buy in new zealand and what would be the best thing to shoot with them and also can u tell me what would be the best caliber a .22 or .177 i have a crossman quest 1000 .177 (1000 fps) and am thinking of buying a new one so can you answer my question
thank you for reading my thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 09:08 PM
ronn

Sorry Michael, I don't know a thing about air rifles. I can see the use for one but I just don't have one.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:31 PM
B&C 180 Class

welcome to the forum.what are ya gonna shoot with it?
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
B&C 120 Class

sheridan blue streak is a good air rifle. they sell hunting pellets for them now. I watch a show on it a month or so ago.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:00 PM

you'll have to decide if you want CO2 or pump. I agree the blue streak is a great air rifle. I have one in 20cal pump. It will take out small game very well.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:43 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Thank You

Thank you everyone for reading and replying to my thread do any of u no which caliber would be best for me thanks.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:39 AM

.177 cal will shoot bebbies also, 20 cal may be exclusive to sheridan and a bit harder to find pellets, 22 cal most popular and for small game a best choise. You can put a small scope on it and really have a nice accurate package. Just remember to be careful. My friend made the mistake of putting his thumb over the barrel end while pumping the air rifle. He did infact discharge a pellet through his thumb and a hospital visit. He should have put the pellet in last,with the safety on! Good luck and happy plinking.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:57 PM
B&C 100 Class

As i siad in my thread i have a .177 crossman quest 1000 which is 1000 fps what would i be able to shoot with it in new zealand and what would be the best pellet for me to use

Last edited by MICHAEL; 04-02-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:41 PM
B&C 100 Class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_5EYMNZFdM cheak this out me and my brother hunting possums with my crossman quest 1000 watch what happens.

Last edited by MICHAEL; 04-02-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:43 PM
ronn

Hey Michael, Here's the thing. Like I said earlier I don't know a thing about air guns other than they are a weapon. Now I know that New Zealand is on the other side of the planet and on the other side of the equator but here is the way I see it. I think you are going about this upside down and backwards. I think you need to figure out what it is you want to hunt and then get the tool for the job. It is only ethical to use the proper size gun for the game you are after. Not knowing what you can legally shoot in New Zealand the only answer I can give you is paper. You can shoot paper with that gun. It really doesn't matter if it is a air rifle or high power rifle, you need to make the game you are after dictate what you need. Sorry if that was no help. its just the way I see it. be safe
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote