Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Site Requests/Comments (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/site-requests-comments/)
-   -   privet section (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/site-requests-comments/8522-privet-section.html)

hunt NH 10-31-2011 01:37 AM

privet section

it would be nice if there was a privet section of this forum, were senior members of this forum could post things, that could not be seen by the general public. this has realy come to mind as i have posted a question of a realy personal nature. i guess i could have just sent PM's. but i reley wanted several of your opinions all rolled into one were you guys could kinda all see it at onece. but at the same time i dont want just anyone with an internet connection to be able to read it. just an idea. maybe a privet section that you can only get into if a mod aproves of you joining a spcific group. (i dont know mabee you guys could come up with a name for this privet section/group) or a section that can only be viewed by thoughs with a sertan post count.( say 500 or more post)

hunt NH 10-31-2011 02:44 AM

i just deleted every post i made in that thread. i hope that you guys can find a way so that active members can talk in a thread that the whole world cant read. i would realy like your points of views, and guidence. but i just cant have the whole world able to see it. just to personal

tator 10-31-2011 09:07 AM

I agree.... that'd be a neat thing to add.

buckfever 10-31-2011 08:54 PM

I think we could do that.. will have to ask someone with more knowledge than myself?

BruceBruce1959 11-01-2011 06:17 AM

Good idea, BF, I think this could be done with access by post count, an example would be, Member must have a minimum of 300 posts to enter, the 300 example was just a random number for example and not a reccomendation.

buckfever 11-09-2011 05:39 PM

The more I think and talk about this idea the less I like it.. Im afraid that the senior type members will just post in the private section and not use the other areas.

Or it would just become another forum that was rarely used..

If the topics that personal it may be wise not to post it. Just use the pm section/email or get the guys number and talk to them on the phone about it.

tator 11-24-2011 05:14 PM

What ever came of this idea? just curious

hunt NH 11-24-2011 10:51 PM

just make it clear that that section is only there for posting things that you realy dont want the general public reading.

Predator 11-27-2011 10:39 PM

I just happened across this. I made the same recommendation to BF in a private message earlier today.
It is a great idea and many of the forums I have been associated with had just such an area. it wasn't over used as is a concern and was not neglected either.

gfdeputy2 11-28-2011 05:56 AM

I guess I could go either way on this one NO Offence guys but there is no way I would tell some of you my most private personal stuff (TATOR) LOL
seriously I see the points of both sides
I know nothing about building websites or forums but BF could it be done temporary if it doesn't work remove it? I don't know if this is as easy as I make it sound or the cost of it. Private section may not be a bad Idea for the 7 days of Christmas either you could give us a heads up when you are posting LOL sorry I am an Idiot