Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (
-   Site Requests/Comments (
-   -   reviews section? (

gfdeputy2 12-07-2010 05:37 PM

reviews section?
How about a section on reviews of products if it could be kept to FACTS, likes & dislikes & why
not personal prefrences ie brand X is better then brand y
I know a few people including myself have bought products I wish I never have & some I would like to tell the world about
this may be to complicated to control but was just a thought if it is a bad thought just tell me next time to keep my thoughts to myself :rolleyes:
I know there is a review tag but I was thinking of products we personally have used & maybe save members some money & headaches

tator 12-08-2010 10:37 AM

I agree with gfdeputy

buckfever 12-08-2010 09:29 PM

Here was my thinking on not having a review forum. It could be a great post/review. But once it start getting some age on it will be buried in the forums.

I created this section in hunting gear. There is a black tab for it at the top of the page. You can also access it from a little sample block on the home page.

Scroll down a little bit and you will see alot of different catagories to post a review in. Every page has a banner type button to fill out a review.

Very simple. Enter name, email address, product, what catagory it goes in, your message and if you would recommend to a friend.

I think they look more professional. They are catagorized a lot better than if they were in the forums. They are easy to find if someone asked in the forums about a particular product. We just add a link to the review.

Here are some samples. Tell me what you think.

Just click on whichever one you want and you can read the full review.

Another example from bow accesories

gfdeputy2 12-09-2010 06:47 AM

Sorry BF I was not aware we could post a review thought we could only look at the ones posted

buckfever 12-09-2010 10:35 AM

No need to apologize.. Maybe I need to make that more visible.. If you didnt know other folks probably didnt either.. Thanks..