Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Site Requests/Comments (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/site-requests-comments/)
-   -   Political Forum (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/site-requests-comments/6133-political-forum.html)

buckfever 08-19-2010 02:19 PM

Political Forum

What is your folks take on adding a political forum.

We use to say no political discussion. Then we started allowing it since it became such a focus last election.

Now we have quite a few political threads in the campfire/lodge.

I do not want this forum to turn into a bash fest against one political party or the other, but would not mind having it seperate from hunting related topics.

Keep them seperate or leave it like it is?

ronn 08-19-2010 02:44 PM

I just want to say I

I just want to say I am all new to weblog and holnetsy liked you're web-site. Probably I’m going to bookmark your website . You amazingly come with amazing writings. With thanks for sharing with us your blog.

BruceBruce1959 08-19-2010 04:49 PM

I think the campfire forum is an appropriate forum to post just about anything including politics.
The DHC is a GREAT hunting & fishing & outdoorsman/woman website.
and Personally I think we have a great member database full of folks who show great respect to one another.
The touchy part about chatting politics is basically you have 2 sides, The Democrats. and the Republicans,
Both have different views on how to handle every situation so every discussion is going to be a back and forth match
of who's politicians are doing the better jobs at suggesting the best options for the American people...

:bag: I guess the cats out of the bag on me now to the fact that I cannot stomache Barack Obama BUT
I think I have the ability and common sense to maintain a civil tone when chatting about politics.
I don't hate the man I hate what he's doing to our country, too many soldiers fought and died
for our freedoms to have him trample all over the very freedoms they fought and died for.

So either way works for me.. :thumbup:

timetohunt 08-20-2010 07:57 AM

I think a separate section would encourage more discussion and variety of topics. I'm all for it since there is so much at stake.

hunt NH 08-26-2010 01:11 AM

i think the ocational political rant or need to vent should be alowed. but i dont think a politics section, or alowing a bunch of political topics in the campfire thread is a good idea. the obama medical care thread caused such a crusifiction that it lead to a thread were everyone felt the need to talk about how much they liked the member who was crusifyed. the Pot thread almoast made me leave the forum. and the NO mosqu thread, and the new americal deam thread are likely to get me banned.

BruceBruce1959 08-26-2010 09:09 AM

huntnh, I'm always going to accept your opinion on any topic. You're equally entitled to say whatever you want to say on any subject.
Just because some people view issues totally different than you do doesn't mean they are right or you are wrong, it's always going to be just a difference of opinion So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't ever think you'll be banned by saying what you feel, Nobody will get banned for speaking their mind as long as they maintain text of discussion and not resort to foul language or name calling those are just 2 examples of things that no member should have to tolerate in any discussion.
And for the record nobody was ever crucified in any of our discussion the one you're referring to is the back and forth between onehorse and myself, he saw things one way I saw them another it's that simple but he did end up calling me a racist and he shouldnt have., I hope he's learned from his mistake but onehorse is always going to have my utmost respect no matter what he says to me.
As far as the pot subject you live by what you believe in, I can't and wont ever try to force you or anyone else to think about pot the way that I do, it's your choice to decide how you feel about it not mine.
Just because 2 people dont agree on a given subject doesnt mean they cant hold onto and do their best to maintain their beliefs. It's ok to agree or disagree.
I hope this gives you a little more comfort about saying what you want without worrying you'll get banned.
As a former soldier I was taught to protect and defend and that includes all people even the ones I don't agree with.

spiker 08-26-2010 10:27 AM

topics

:thumbup:i enjoy our discussions on different issues pot,government etc.we all have the rt to disagree.i value other peoples opinions even though i might not agree with them.we have some pretty knowledgeable people (RONN HM BRUCE etc) and i learn and value their input.its never personal and were still all hunting brothers

BruceBruce1959 08-26-2010 11:34 AM

Just some additional points to consider.

I guess the best way to think about it is to think about the brands of weapons we use Versus the brands of weapons other hunters use, same thing goes for clothing, scents, calls, scopes, etc. etc. etc..
If we can discuss those threads can't we discuss politics too.

People always say don't talk about politics or religion BUT, when is it time to open our mouths to speak?
Should we always remain silent? How will we ever Unite to defend our rights and priviliges?

I don't know about you guys but I think it's high time we throw out the ole' "Dont speak about politics or religion" crap.
I'm sure the government uses our political silence against us and when it comes to religion, come on Christians are almost the minority now. Why,
because we werent allowed to speak up for what we believed in even though we all knew right from wrong. Other religions (especially muslims) want to end Christianity

Hunting Man 08-26-2010 01:43 PM

I'm going to cut ranks here and suggest that politics should be discussed in it's own forum. Keeping the Camp fire separate is just perserving a time honored tradition, talk about anything except politics around the ole fire..

daddus1 08-26-2010 02:35 PM

I think it is important to remember that we are all brothers, not just hunting brothers. As the Bible states we are to "love one another". It doesn't say just when it"s convenient or when the other guy annoys you! Have you driven on the road today? Did anyone annoy you? It is so discouraging to be the only one on the road that knows how to drive! lol So discussing politics is sort of like driving, you never know what the other guy is thinking so be prepared and be kind.
A political forum can be run and if we act badly shut it down. Sort of like I do with the TV when it doesn't agree with me.
Thanks, I feel a lot better.
daddus1