How to take killing a deer - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Shotgun Hunting
Shotgun Hunting Discuss Shotgun topics

Old 11-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Scrub Buck

Default How to take killing a deer

I was wondering if you guys have any way to help liveven up my feeling of killing a deer, I been hunting a couple times never got anything and every time I think about I think about the pain and fear the deer must be in and was wondering what you full time hunters think or look at this??
Old 11-21-2011, 07:21 PM
B&C 140 Class

I don't think about that. Just make your shots count and put the animal down as quickly and cleanly as possible.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Scrub Buck

Would it be in any less pain or feel any less fear if it were being chased by coyotes in late January through two feet of snow when it hasn't eaten for a week? Hunters replace natural predators which have been driven out over the years. As an added benefit, my family eats well without paying $3 per pound for cheap burger. I would think quick, clean kills would be preferrable over starving to death, or being ripped apart by a pack.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:22 AM

As hunters, we are the tools used by each state to control wildlife for health and balance.
without hunting, widlife would overpopulate, animals would become diseased and threaten every man, woman and child.
Does it hurt the animal to kill it? Nobody knows if death involves pain, did you ever think about how much pain an animal endures
suffering through long freezing cold winters while starving?
I think I would rather Die a quick death rather than suffer.
Maybe we're not hurting the animals at all, Maybe we're actually helping them by hunting, did you ever think of it that way?

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 11-22-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:19 AM

If you're second guessing yourself about killing then I would step back and consider whether or not you should be hunting at all. Killing is but a small part of hunting but a necessary one. You have to come to terms with the killing part or not hunt.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:21 AM
B&C 160 Class

Are you kidding me? the Nuge said it best, "Deer only think about, what am I going to eat next, where am i going to sleep next and who am I going to screw next". Or something like that
Old 11-28-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Are you kidding me? the Nuge said it best, "Deer only think about, what am I going to eat next, where am i going to sleep next and who am I going to screw next". Or something like that
Yup then I think he added the same way a democrat thinks
If you want to continue hunting then pretty much you must think that it is a better way for the deer to go then then most way nature would take it
If you can't do that then I have to agree with Turner you probably should not hunt because I think you probably won't be concentrating on making your shot & you could cause a lot of pain & suffering for the deer

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 11-28-2011, 04:40 PM
B&C 140 Class

what would people do if there were no grocery stores any more and they had to actualy hunt and grow their own food, you know like nature intended it to be in the first place! i think people take their local kroger for granted and not many think much about what process start to finnish for all that meat thats in them stores.

forman do you fish? do you clean them and eat them? or any other animal for that matter. On land humans are the number one predator. its all the same end the end its food and if its not being killed for food then its a whole different ballgame in my book and then you get into personal morals. i strongly feel you dont kill NOTHING unless you intend on eating it or its going to kill you,
Old 11-28-2011, 07:18 PM
B&C 140 Class

Call me paranoid, but I think this may well be an "anti" trying to find words, quotes, etc., to use in their campaigns. If it's not, then the person will be back. If it is, we do NOT need to give them anything for their "work". I'm sorry, but it seems they can target this site so easily because of what they "google". I do not believe at all that the OP is any type of hunter, but rather an anti-hunter looking for "quotes".
Old 11-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
Call me paranoid, but I think this may well be an "anti" trying to find words, quotes, etc., to use in their campaigns. If it's not, then the person will be back. If it is, we do NOT need to give them anything for their "work". I'm sorry, but it seems they can target this site so easily because of what they "google". I do not believe at all that the OP is any type of hunter, but rather an anti-hunter looking for "quotes".
Good point. However, I stand by what I wrote, and you can quote me on that.