Deer Hunting Forums banner

How to take killing a deer

9K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  3212 
#1 ·
I was wondering if you guys have any way to help liveven up my feeling of killing a deer, I been hunting a couple times never got anything and every time I think about I think about the pain and fear the deer must be in and was wondering what you full time hunters think or look at this??

#3 ·
Would it be in any less pain or feel any less fear if it were being chased by coyotes in late January through two feet of snow when it hasn't eaten for a week? Hunters replace natural predators which have been driven out over the years. As an added benefit, my family eats well without paying $3 per pound for cheap burger. I would think quick, clean kills would be preferrable over starving to death, or being ripped apart by a pack.

#4 · (Edited)
As hunters, we are the tools used by each state to control wildlife for health and balance.
without hunting, widlife would overpopulate, animals would become diseased and threaten every man, woman and child.
Does it hurt the animal to kill it? Nobody knows if death involves pain, did you ever think about how much pain an animal endures
suffering through long freezing cold winters while starving?
I think I would rather Die a quick death rather than suffer.
Maybe we're not hurting the animals at all, Maybe we're actually helping them by hunting, did you ever think of it that way?

#10 ·
Are you kidding me? the Nuge said it best, "Deer only think about, what am I going to eat next, where am i going to sleep next and who am I going to screw next". Or something like that
Yup then I think he added the same way a democrat thinks
If you want to continue hunting then pretty much you must think that it is a better way for the deer to go then then most way nature would take it
If you can't do that then I have to agree with Turner you probably should not hunt because I think you probably won't be concentrating on making your shot & you could cause a lot of pain & suffering for the deer

#8 ·
I can understand your train of thought. My first bow kill ever, this season made me think about whether to bow hunt anymore. With a rifle , i am a neck shooter. Usually dead before they hit the ground. My doe i shot with my bow was alittle high and far back. I spined her, shut off her back legs. she had pulled herself down into the bottom and was bellowing. I got out of that stand as fast as i safely could , to go finish her off. I really felt like crap. But , i decided to stick with it, and practice more and make my bow shots more accurate.

#9 ·
It sounds to me that you have a lot of personal thinking to do. What do you think when you eat a hamburger from MacDonalds? What does the Bible say about who is the steward of all creatures on earth? What does the Bible say about in whose image man was made and why?

If you are having problems finding yourself in proper position with all other animals on earth I suppose you should not be a hunter perhaps.

#11 ·
what would people do if there were no grocery stores any more and they had to actualy hunt and grow their own food, you know like nature intended it to be in the first place! i think people take their local kroger for granted and not many think much about what process start to finnish for all that meat thats in them stores.

forman do you fish? do you clean them and eat them? or any other animal for that matter. On land humans are the number one predator. its all the same end the end its food and if its not being killed for food then its a whole different ballgame in my book and then you get into personal morals. i strongly feel you dont kill NOTHING unless you intend on eating it or its going to kill you,

#12 ·
Call me paranoid, but I think this may well be an "anti" trying to find words, quotes, etc., to use in their campaigns. If it's not, then the person will be back. If it is, we do NOT need to give them anything for their "work". I'm sorry, but it seems they can target this site so easily because of what they "google". I do not believe at all that the OP is any type of hunter, but rather an anti-hunter looking for "quotes". :unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.