Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Shotgun Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/shotgun-hunting/)
-   -   H&R Parder youth pump? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/shotgun-hunting/7513-h-r-parder-youth-pump.html)

gfdeputy2 04-01-2011 05:37 PM

H&R Parder youth pump?

Looking for a cheap shotgun for my daughter & found this $218 new
would like to know if anyone has an H&R pump gun & your thoughts on it?

WisconsinDeer 04-01-2011 06:06 PM

Dont own one, yet. Its just a cheaper version of an 870 express. I've heard its actually better made than an 870 express: metal trigger guard, thicker receiver, better finish etc.. I've looked at getting one of the Pardner Protectors, the ones I've looked at seem pretty nice for $200.

gfdeputy2 04-01-2011 06:49 PM

Thanks I may just get one if I can upgrade it with a full size butt stock for when she gets older & for when I whant to use it. funny thing I saw was it takes Mossberg/winchester/browning chokes
thought most of the cheaper guns like my Charles daly took Remington
at least it does use a common choke

gfdeputy2 04-04-2011 05:19 AM

Well it looks like I will be getting two of them going to pick up the pardner 20Ga for my daughter & the Excell semi for me wish they had the excell in 20 Ga my daughter really wants us to have a matching set (GIRLS HUH)
I guess she will have to live with matching camo just glad she hates pink

gfdeputy2 04-11-2011 05:34 AM

SEARCH Continues

well was told Friday the Pardner youth pumps have been discontinued So looks like the young one is costing me more money looks like I will be ordering a new Mossberg youth 500-505 20 ga only a couple hundred more then I want to spend but hopefully in a couple weeks when she bags her first bird it will all be worth the money I spent

WisconsinDeer 04-11-2011 04:06 PM

You could buy the full sized model then just switch the stock out for an 870 youth sized stock.

Like this...kind of expensive, but it's a really nice stock - Hogue OverMolded Stock Remington 870 with 12" Length of Pull Rubber Black - MidwayUSA

If you did decide to go with that stock I'd check with Hogue to make sure it would fit the 20 gauge model, because I heard it uses a smaller sized action than the 12 gauge.

jake112 04-11-2011 04:33 PM

You are crazy if you would choose a 870 over a weatherby and a mossberg over a pardner they are the same gun except pardners cheaper.:thumbup:

WisconsinDeer 04-11-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake112 (Post 55046)
You are crazy if you would choose a 870 over a weatherby and a mossberg over a pardner they are the same gun except pardners cheaper.:thumbup:

Don't you mean an 870 over a Weatherby/Pardner? Not a Mossberg over a Pardner? The Mossberg is different than the other three.

gfdeputy2 04-11-2011 09:41 PM

Well I picked up the guns I ended up getting the black Excell camo was backorderd & I picked up my daughter a slightly used Winchester ranger 120 20ga so now I am in search of a stock or this one will get hacked next weekend will shoot them tomorrow & let you know how they shoot