nice a shotgun spot - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Shotgun Hunting
Shotgun Hunting Discuss Shotgun topics

Old 06-14-2007, 05:11 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default nice a shotgun spot

i like since shot gun is a horse of another collor as to rifle but i do belive that the shotgun is the best gun to own for it is the most veristial one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2007, 08:22 PM
B&C 180 Class

"beware The Man Who Owns One Gun Hes Liable To Know How To Use It Well"
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 06-17-2007, 05:36 AM
B&C 100 Class

very true joel very true and if a man can only aford one gun the he should by a shotgun
Old 06-17-2007, 06:04 AM
B&C 180 Class

my first was a ruger 10/22.But for hunting i got a mossberg 500 with 2 barells. for bird 1 for deer .It has served me well over the years
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 06-19-2007, 05:53 AM
B&C 100 Class

my first shotgun was a 20ga moss bolt with 2 shot clip then got my 12 ga rem pump with deer and a bird barel both guns of done me well over the years also
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 PM
B&C 180 Class

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE
Old 06-21-2007, 06:37 AM
B&C 100 Class

still use the 20 from time to time for both deer and other game
Old 06-22-2007, 06:29 PM
B&C 100 Class

My first was an old single shot break open in 16ga.Not even sure what brand it was but I do remember that it kicked like a mule.Seems it had a plastic hollow stock and weighed next to nothing.Did get to take my very first deer with it.One day my uncle shot it and the buttstock broke.The only emotion I felt was relief.Good ole dad bought one of those slip on gunboots and I was back in business.He made it up to me a few years later when he bought me a Remington 700 in 243.Man that was one sweet rifle.I shot it open sights the first two years.
It would drive nails at 50 yds.Later he put me a 4pwr redfield scope on it.The ways of hunting and people was a lot different back then.I miss those old days and the old timers.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:45 AM
B&C 100 Class

it is true the way of the deer camp seems to be dieing out and of the family thanksging hunts are comming a thing of the past. the was some good times
Old 06-23-2007, 01:44 PM
B&C 180 Class

we have a big thankgiving dinner in deer camp