Old 08-28-2008, 06:22 AM

looks like the hogs lost the battle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM

I smell pork chops.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:33 PM
B&C 120 Class

My brother lives in Bakersville. We hunted in San Luise County on a private ranch (not high fence). Seen about 15 hogs on top of a huge hill and my brother and I snuck with in 50yds and I shot the black and white one with a 22/250. Right after I fired another guy shot one in the same group from 400yds behind me on the next hill. While this was going on I handed the rifle to my brother and he shot one running away. As we walked up to it it jumped up and charged but he had the gun ready and he shot her in the head at about 4ft.

If this ones a little too much let me know and I'll try and remove it the mods can. 22/250 right behind the ear and she'll drop where she stands.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:39 AM

A hog at 4 ft.. Thats a shot you want forget..

You tried cooking anything yet?

Also curious if those guys put dewormer and such out in the woods to try and give the wild hogs a better taste.

The hunters around TN that kill a completely wild hog say the meat is not good at all. A couple years ago me and some buddies went on a hog hunt in AL and the owner said he puts dewormer mixed with grain out a couple times a year to try and help the flavor.. The hogs we got from that trip were very good. Made me wonder if the dude kept them fenced up and feed with good food and then let them out in the woods before we got down there. (just jokin)
Old 08-29-2008, 06:58 PM
B&C 120 Class

Dont know anything about dewormer. With three hogs we skinned them all and cut the inner loins out of all of them and both back straps out of one and also the rump roasts. Put it all in a pan rubbed with seasoning, poured beer about an inch and a half deep and put in a smoker all night. In the morning just shredded it added som barbeque sauce and had sandwiches for the coyote hunts. Tasted great. This was my first hog hunt and I didn't notice any bad odors or taste. DEEFREEKINLISCOUS!!!!!!!!!!! All the rest of the meat went to the processors and ground into sausage for spaghetti sauce. On this one ranch we seen hogs,coyotees,black tail deer and monster pronghorn. We hunted with a guy who was in a hunt club and had access to about 16 ranches. Club dues were I think $1100 a year per person plus a buy in if your a new member. When he joined 10yrs ago it was $4700, now he thought it was closer to $10,000.

Last edited by Berk; 08-29-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 PM

Sounds like some good eatin.... That makes it all the better when what you hunt taste pretty darn good too.