new hunter - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Shotgun Hunting
Shotgun Hunting Discuss Shotgun topics

Old 12-02-2007, 11:42 PM

Hopefully you'll get some snow over there in Syracuse for good tracking. It's coming to Buffalo hard. I'll try to send some over that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Scrub Buck

yea no luck yet but it is snowing i ll probably go all this week what is the best place to hunt in the early morning
Old 12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
B&C 180 Class

off a trail from a feeding to bedding area..do the fields have crop or crop residue left?how bout oak trees or other nut producing trees?.deer like to bed in thick stuff like laurel or briar,blowdowns etc. they also like shelter from the elements so under pines or hemlocks is a good bet if you got snow.since the temps are dropping look for them to be facing southeast in the mornings so they can catch the first rays of warm sunlight.just watch yer wind direction use a windchecker and try to get in while its still dark.take yer time in the snow ,it hides lots of spots that'll grab yer leg
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Scrub Buck

hahahah i didnt know what you were talking about when u said it hides lots of spots that'll grab yer leg. now i know i fell like tree time lol but STILL nothin my buddy is a lilltle girl he only want to stay out for like 3 to 4 hours and then he complans about how we didnt see any thing but i know it will change wonse one of use get a deer or a turkey we are both hook on hunting like if it was a drug it great even not see what ur hunting for it still fun seening all of what mother natuar has to ofer and how we keep messing thing up but if i get anything in the next few day i will let u know and post a pic thank you for the tip and if yyou could keep them comeing i could use any thing
Old 12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Scrub Buck

o ye and i dont know if it if crop or not i hunt on state land and its just a big feild i know they like clovers so iv been tryin to stay close to them
Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 PM
B&C 180 Class

with snow on the ground food and heat are the 2 main objectives hunt where its sunny and no wind a deer can smell an acorn under 4' of snow hunt the acorns if ya can find em.keep trying drop further into the woods they may be nervous bout showing out in the open ya know theres guys with guns trying to kill embut sounds like they're pretty safe round you two just kidding.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Scrub Buck

Smile Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter81 View Post
hi my name is josh im 20 years old and a new hunter and i was wondering if some one would like to give me so tips i know the basics i think.me and my buddy have been going often this year and we also turkey hunt we've seen deer turkey hunting but now that its deer season we can seem to see anything so if anyone would like to help me out it would be greatly appreciated thank you verey mutch

Well all I got to say is good luck. Im new as well and Im 18. Your lucky though because I hunt by myself. This is my first time hunting ever. So how do you hunt like on style. If you like you could email me at htowng12@gmail.com.

Sincerely,
A. Hays Town, IV
Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Scrub Buck

well do i have a storie for u guy me and my and one of my friend went on the last day at his ant's house and she got a field and tree line anyways we did a push and no luck so we were going back to the car and we seen some old track and figured to sit till dark so we did we sat for probille 3 hours and nothing so we dissied to go i don't know why but i unload my gun and i was getting ready to put my orange back on when a deer came out i told my friend and hes like yea right i told him i wasn't kidding but he didn't believe me till he saw it i told him to hand me his gun cuse he could get the shot like i could and he gave it to me and i asked him if i could shoot and he said hold on wait for more and i agreed cuase i figured that there would be more but there wasn't i told him its now or never but he keep saying hold on so finally the deer went to far to get a clean shot so no deer figures last day last minute one deer but nothing o well spring turkey hunting is next that will tie me off till Sept. i hope well that u for the tip and keep them coming
Old 12-13-2007, 03:42 PM
B&C 180 Class

the last minute thats how it always goes.doesnt the season end next week?do ya got a Muzzleloader or bow?how bout ducks ?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Scrub Buck

yea mozzleloading ends next but no i dont have ether i wanna get a bow for next yea but i like to take one with a gun first to get the first time gitter out but id love to duck hunt but again nothin i know about but deff. willing to lean i got a marsh right down the strretto and its state land so if i can get some help on ducks im deff. gunna give it a shot