Deer Hunting Forums banner

I cant believe myself

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, I cant believe myself i went out tonight and around 5:00 a nice respectable 8 point walks out of the tree row to the right of my stand and walks across the oat field about 50 yards in front of me walks straight across, i Get my gun on my rest and it spots me looks at me, but i stay as still as i can even thoguh i am shaking and then it carries on it's way then i get the gun to my shoulder and it spots me again so i stay still again and then it carries on and i cant decide wether to shoot it or not so finally when i decide to it is a little to my left and it is an easy shot i grunted and it stopped. I shoot and miss, the slug goes right over its back! I cant believe i missed but oh well. just buck fever at its best

#2 ·
I'm sure that it has happened to the majority of us so don't feel bad. Hunting wouldn't be hunting if there was a guaranteed 100% kill rate each time. Even the greatest predators in the wild get snuffed too. But just think instead of a clean miss would you rather have a gut shot or leg shot or something crazy like that? Hang in there man I'm sure you'll get another opportunity.

#3 ·
yeah that is a good point i had an opportunity for a second shot but it wasnt a clean kill shot so i didnt take it. But it just makes me sad and deer season is almost over here for gun in oklahoma and i dont have a bow to continue the fun but o well i am going to be hitting up the stand everyday after school this week except for tomorrow got a basketball game but other than that everyday. Thanks for the support.

#4 ·
keep trying buddy you'll score.better that you cleanly missed as was already mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.