Deer Hunting Forums banner

Found 2 little one's

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
We found 2 little ones 1 was a 1 1/2 and the other was 2 1/2 both 4 points.We then went to my honey hole and as soon as we got to what I call the bowl we jumped up 5 big bucks all with both side.We backed out and are going to wait a few more weeks

#3 ·
The good thing about the 5 buck we did see is they are all 130+ and snow white rack.They should to be easier to see when they do come off .Most of the rack in this area had been brown to yellow but a few years ago we hade a monster 170+ running the property all through the first and second rut and it looks like he got the job done.He must have came down or up the blue river.

#4 ·
I still have not been back to my honey hole but I have found 4 so far.My buddies that have gone with me each found one.So we are 7 total.Still have not found sheds from a mature buck this year

#6 ·
Good deal man- I took my nephew out Saturday afternoon and didn't have any luck. Saw quite a few deer though, which was neat for him (and me!) to see. Plus we got to play around with some turkeys. They were in a drawl and we spotted them as we were coming over the hill, the wind was so strong and blowing at us, they didn't hear us or see us. There were 4-5 jakes all just nosing around and scratching. I started hen calling and those jakes got so excited like they thought it was mating season! hahahahaha They perked up and actaully started walking towards us a little, but they then saw us and took off. Fun day!

#9 ·
Yea we had 10"on the ground and right now we are getting 12''+crazy.But I have always found my best sheds in deep snow.I go where they are feeding and pawing at the ground.It is exhausting walking in but I have had great luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.