03-16-2012, 02:40 PM
B&C 140 Class
| || |
Join Date: Nov 2009
| | The Benelli R1 in 30-06
My buddy has one and I did get to shoot it with him. His is the comfort-tech stock(Plastic) instead of walnut. The standard barrel length is 22 inches and that is what his has. Benelli did offer one for a while with a 20 inch so the one you are looking at could have one of those.
1. Benelli makes a good rifle.
2. The rifle seemed longer than the Remington 742 I was familar with.
3. Some of the ergonomics are different, location of some of the buttons are different.
4. The magazine is very tall and will keep you from carrying it with your hand infront of the trigger guard.
5. The trigger pull drove me nuts, I am guessing 5 to 7 lbs of force.
I would rather own/shoot a Remington 750 or a Browning BAR, but I would never be a jerk and tell him that.