Deer Hunting Forums banner

anything other

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  rdrader2002 
#1 ·
thanks for all the info guys. has anyone tried any other bullets other than sierra it seems to be the bullet of choice i have no opinion on them yet have not tried them yet but just wondering.

#2 ·
I shoot a Remington 150 grain Core-Lokt out of my .30-06. I have been reading a lot of bad press lately on the Core-Lokt's but they have worked just fine for me. I have fired my '06 ten times at game and have killed nine deer and one coyote. The range varied from 25 to 125 yards. The coyote and some of the deer dropped where they stood. Some of the deer ran after being shot but none more than 100 yards. And all were dead by the time I got to them.

Unless and until they fail to do the job for me, I will stick with the Core-Lokt's.

#6 ·
Deer don't need a super premium bullet, and the Core-Lokt's work just fine.

OH DARN! Did I leave something out of that sentence??? I said this in another thread here, you just can't go wrong with Remington Core-Lokt's when shooting whitetail. They're relatively cheep and the deer drop. What else do you need???

RR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.