Nice new Ruger - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Rifle Hunting
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM
B&C 160 Class

Savage ,Marlin x7 its gonna be a tough road for this Ruger.Its gonna have a hard time shooting with those rifles.Savages arent pretty but ive had Sakos,Weatherbies,Kimbers,and all my Savages shoot better. Ive never had one that doesnt shoot sub moa and i dont handload.And the best part about a Savage if it dont shoot send it back no question it will come back a tack driver.Good luck Ruger but this is a tough market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default I didn't know Savage would rework one

I always thought that it was a crap shoot litterly when you buy a rifle. Some shoot better than others made on the same day on the same assembly line. I didn't realize they would tweek it if it didn't shoot to your satisfaction. That is a class act by Savage....

Karl
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 PM
B&C 140 Class

I actually handled one of these a week or so ago and it seemed fairly well made, I liked it.

Last edited by WisconsinDeer; 03-09-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:38 AM
B&C 160 Class

Well i checked out some reviews of the Ruger and their favorable.Gunblast and American Riflemen gave them high marks,People have to understand that these arent meant to look good they are about value.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:32 AM

[QUOTE=Karl.Luhr;68320

I think that Ruger will give competition at a lower price point with this rifle. My Son is buying one of the new M77 Hawkeyes that will cost around 700.xx and I beleave these are going to be sold at approx 500.xx.

Karl[/QUOTE]

Suggested retail is $449.00 most places around here if you can find one are $350 or less

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Savage ,Marlin x7 its gonna be a tough road for this Ruger.Its gonna have a hard time shooting with those rifles.Savages arent pretty but ive had Sakos,Weatherbies,Kimbers,and all my Savages shoot better. Ive never had one that doesnt shoot sub moa and i dont handload.And the best part about a Savage if it dont shoot send it back no question it will come back a tack driver.Good luck Ruger but this is a tough market.
Well Spiker I can't give actual#'s as I could get some people in trouble but I can say they they are working very hard to build enough each day to fill the orders coming in unbelievable amount of orders on these

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Well i checked out some reviews of the Ruger and their favorable.Gunblast and American Riflemen gave them high marks,People have to understand that these arent meant to look good they are about value.
Well Said
these are great entry level rifles like I said for $350 or less retail it is a great backup or a throw in the back seat rifle

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 03-09-2012, 02:26 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default I am very happy that Ruger has a winner with it.....

I really am happy that the market has fallen in love with it. The more shooters/hunters we have the better. I shot a set of Marlins XL7s last fall that I was impressed with, they also were 300.xx street price. If Ruger has built a nice rifle for 350.xx street price that opens the door to alot of new shooters/hunters. I always recommend a bolt action rifle with a decent scope for any new shooter/hunter. The industry has found a way to keep the price down without offering junk. The fact the it is made here in the USA is even better. Now if Remington could figure out what Marlin and Ruger are doing and replace the 710/770 series they too could have a winner.

Karl
Old 03-10-2012, 07:53 PM
B&C 140 Class

your right about that.the 710 and 770 really make remington look very bad,and made in mexico
Old 03-10-2012, 08:16 PM
B&C 160 Class

Last year i sighted in a neighbors Remington 700(243) from 1983 what a beautiful rifle.Great trigger,great feel,and accuracy.You know where not splitting atoms here and Remington if you read this its real simple BUILD EM LIKE THAT AGAIN!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:42 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
your right about that.the 710 and 770 really make remington look very bad,and made in mexico
Same with the Remington 887 shotgun. That thing is a JOKE!